Back to the list

Blücherplatz 4 u. 5 zu Breslau, vor der Bereinigung der Gebäudefront.

The Graphic Collections Department of the University Library in Wrocław

Jews were residents of the Oppenheim House since the early 19th c. In 1810, banker Heymann Oppenheim purchased the building and moved in with his family. The Oppenheims were among the so-called privileged Jews, who had a permit for permanent settlement in the city. From 1902 to 1942, the building belonged to the Jewish community, which rented out its residential and commercial spaces to its members.

 

Public domain. The original is in the Graphic Collections Department of the University Library in Wrocław, photo nr 3359.